Globe is a city in Gila County, Arizona, United States. As of 2021, the population of the city is 7,369. The city is the county seat of Gila County. Globe was founded in 1875 as a mining camp. Mining, tourism, government, and retirees are most important in the present-day Globe economy.
Mining and ranching are the city's economic foundations, and they play a significant role in the city's economy. Mining and copper production provides for more than 20% of all jobs in Globe and Miami. Copper smelting, refining, or rod manufacturing employs more than half of Gila County's significant industrial sector. There are four copper mines, multiple concentrators, a smelter, and a rod mill in the region. Gila County has been recognized as an Enterprise Zone.
Globe's economy employs 3320 people. The largest industries in Globe are:
- Public Administration (519 employees)
- Health Care and Social Assistance (475 employees)
- Mining, Quarrying, Oil and Gas Extraction (465 employees)
The highest paying industries in the city are:
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting ($66,397)
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing, Hunting and Mining ($63,906)
- Mining, Quarrying, Oil and Gas Extraction ($63,164)
Click on one of the category groups below to get the related local businesses.